Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 134

Ozstatman, Larry Reber, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

What am I? I found this in my 526
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2dayistheday
See User information
I found this 1/4-28 threaded bolt in my 526's 6 cylinder oil pump when I dropped the access plate to attempt to adjust the oil pressure. The tapper appears to be factory, not a home bench grinder job. Could it be one of the many oil manifold mounting bolts? I am leaning towards dropping the pan to investigate, but having to work off jack stands I'm not looking forward to it!

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_3842.jpg (43.98 KB)
225047_62d55b6437e8e.jpg 480X640 px

jpg  IMG_3843.jpg (37.75 KB)
225047_62d55b6c7c71d.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2022/7/18 8:10
 Top  Print   

Re: What am I? I found this in my 526
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
It seems to me that is one of the bolts holding the pump together and may be the reason for low oil pressure.

Posted on: 2022/7/18 13:42
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

2dayistheday
See User information
Tim, good idea, but that's too easy, it's not a oil pump bolt. However, the oil manifold has like 14 bolts, so it may make sense that the ends of their mounting bolts are tapered to help start any that are just a bit out of alignment. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Posted on: 2022/7/18 18:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Well. Packard didn't use that sort of bolt anyway so if it didn't fall out of the pump somebody put it in there.

Posted on: 2022/7/19 4:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved