Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 231

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Run your car on water?
Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
I always get a kick out of this discussion.

How many people out there believe that you gain anything with these home made hydrogen generators hooked up to your fuel system?

Posted on: 2009/9/9 18:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Run your car on water?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
The concept is sound but they all fail in the execution. You put more energy in (amps = horsepower drain) than what you get out (increased MPG).

Now having said that, if you can determine the magic quotient in which it takes X amount of power to BEGIN the electrolysis than to MAINTAIN it, then you'd have something. Yes it may very well be possible...it takes more current to turn on an incandescent light bulb than to keep it lit. Supposedly Stan Meyer figured out the magic frequency and then died/was poisoned.

Funny how all these miracle things end up in conspiracy theories and the inventors disappearing by either getting bought off, jailed, or killed. "I'm here from the gov't and I'm here to help/kill you...your choice"

Posted on: 2009/9/9 19:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
The concept is sound but they all fail in the execution.

I know that these things do not work although I have run across many who say they do. A guy once told me his gas milage went up 30% after he installed his pile of glass jars and tubbing on his chevy truck. That's like from 18MPG to 24MPG. Can't happen. If he was really able to measure his gas milage he would see it went down not up. It takes energy from the electrical system to generate the hydrogen. Even if there were no losses in the system you would just break even. The reality is that there are losses so you get back less than you put in. The only one that will be making any money here is the one that sold you the kit to build the thing in the first place. It's a scam that has suckered a lot of gullable people who want to believe in getting something for nothing.

Posted on: 2009/9/9 23:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Quote:

Bob1951 wrote:
It's a scam that has suckered a lot of gullable people who want to believe in getting something for nothing.

Please, no discussions about illegal aliens and those on welfare! LOL

Posted on: 2009/9/9 23:29
Who has my future '56 Patrician? Please let me know!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
Please, no discussions about illegal aliens and those on welfare! LOL

That's funny. Thanks, I haven't laughed out load in a long time. Wasn't thinking at all about the "something for nothing crowd" at all. Could probably sell them lots of hydrogen.

Posted on: 2009/9/10 0:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I would think it would be easier to run a car on urine after several bottles of Vodka......

Posted on: 2009/9/10 0:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Quote:

Bob1951 wrote:
Could probably sell them lots of hydrogen.

I didn't know you were in politics!

Posted on: 2009/9/10 1:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
I would think it would be easier to run a car on urine after several bottles of Vodka......

Oh the humanity! What a waste of elbow lube!!!

Posted on: 2009/9/10 1:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved