Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
241 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 241

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Survey: Automotive Art Prints
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Gentlemen

I imagine most have seen my watercolor rendering art posted on here. Some have expressed interest in the availability of prints. I have been considering having color prints created, but the size and price ranges that would be the acceptable are a mystery to me. Your input sought into narrowing it down.

If you have purchased automotive art prints in the past, what sizes and prices have you purchased?

What price range would you find acceptable for a 16" X 20"?

What are your preferences for print sizes?

What is the upper limit you would spend?

Thanks for your input, I hope to figure this out so I can offer quality prints for a reasonable prices so more Packard folks can enjoy what I look at every day!

Steve

Posted on: 2009/11/25 19:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Survey: Automotive Art Prints
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Speaking from experience in shopping for automotive prints, I'd say that $50-$100 is a reasonable price for a good quality print on archival paper. I would prefer the option for smaller and larger sizes, as I'd like to have the one we're working on to be on the order of 32"X40" or so. I have a place on my living room wall already picked out for it....

Posted on: 2009/11/26 20:02
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

LINC400
See User information
I agree, $50-$100 depending on size. And it is nice to have a choice of sizes. However, I have not seen any examples of your work. You should post some pics here.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 14:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi LINC400

Thanks for your input, for a look at my art, they're in the Pre-War 1899-42 section, under "My Design Concept for ... posted by 58L8134.

Steve

Posted on: 2009/11/30 20:03
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hobbs
See User information
I also agree on the price, and the various size options. As much as I would like a 32x40, I don't believe my wife would share in that enthusiasm. 16x20, 11x14, etc would be great in a grouping, at least in my office, or in the garage.

Definitely interested in the 32

Posted on: 2009/11/30 22:27
1933 Packard Sedan
Registry
Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

LINC400
See User information
Ok I looked at the 4 pics I found. The cars look nice. One thing I would say though is I would like the backgrounds to be more interesting. Backdrops of palm trees and art deco buildings or palatial estates might make the wives more willing to see them on their walls.

Posted on: 2009/12/2 15:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi LINC400

Thanks for your input and compliment. Backgrounds are always a problem, but my approach is limited by selfish considerations.

The primary purpose of my art is to showcase the design of the car. With that objective, the background wants to be period appropriate but very much secondary, even innocuous. This might limit the appeal to some folks, as you point out, though that's a chance any artist takes when he thinks of doing anything commercial.

When these are made available as prints, I hope the customer will buy them only for the pleasure the car's design. I imagine most automotive art buyers are interested in art suggesting a narrative, which I really don't care to imply with my works. My prints will be called "Purely for the Pleasure of the Design" editions. May guarantee low sales money losers but that's okay with me.

The subjects I currently use as backgrounds are Art Deco or Prairie School (Frank Lloyd Wright and contemporaries) design building. I have to freely admit, I'm not very satisfied with my watercolor landscape (trees, plants, etc.) technique, that's why I don't use those type of backgrounds.

As for the method to create the prints, I'm looking into giclee, its produces the best quality, but is somewhat expensive.

Thanks again for your input.

Steve

Posted on: 2009/12/2 20:49
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved