Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 198

Don B, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Content and Posts
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Folks,

Sadly I have to take care of this business on a holiday:

Just to set the record straight, if you contribute content (Pictures, Articles, Forum Content, etc) it becomes part of the public record/archive here. There are times where I may delete a post if I think it is inappropriate. But otherwise, once it is on here, it is like a diamond. Forever.

I would think most people are aware that once you post something in a public forum, it is indeed public and part of the greater internet record.

The reason I brought this up as I have been asked by folks that are no longer part of the website to purge all their contributions in a childish attempt to punish me/website/membership and take all their marbles with them. I will not do this. It creates holes and discord in the public record. When a member left previously, he manually went thought and cleared out all his content himself, that was done under his own hand. I have since made changes to the website to prevent this from happening going forward immediately after that happened.

Please be aware once you have "donated" something to a public forum in any form (picture, discussion, etc) , you have given it to the public record, and it belongs to the public record.

I am sure the majority of you are aware of this, but I felt I had to reiterate the obvious to some that may not be aware.

Regards and Happy Holidays.

Posted on: 2010/11/26 2:12
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Content and Posts
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Seconded. What is it with some hardened collectors? My six year old grandson has more maturity at times.

"It's my car. Don't take pictures of it/touch it/don't....."

Life is short. Enjoy. be happy>

Posted on: 2010/11/26 3:58
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
But what about reffering to sorces and copyrighted materials?
Reffering has never been my best side, sometimes the information I have only existed in verbal form so you cant name the exact source.
I can see,that its hard to read a topic when most of the important posts have been removed. In this light I support Kevins idea of the public record.

Posted on: 2010/11/26 8:42
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Kev writes:
"I would think most people are aware that once you post something in a public forum, it is indeed public and part of the greater internet record."

Yes. agreed. In fact nearly obvious.

What is NOT obvious is the RECENT changes allowing a rather short edit/delete time frame for posts. I'm not sure edit/delete time frames even exist in other forums.

Edit/delete time limits is not a problem for me. However NOT obvious either. Obviously not obvious to others either.

Posted on: 2010/11/26 8:59
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
What IS the time frame to edit or delete a post????

Posted on: 2010/11/26 9:04
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
All posts can be deleted within a 24hr of their posting, and edited for 7 days. After which time the become a permanent part of the public record.

Posted on: 2010/11/26 12:28
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved