Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 224

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

photo archives
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Is there any interest in starting a subset of the photo archives on some of the more less well documented items, like heaters, switches, lights, dashboards, closeups of engines etc? It would nice for those of us with limited knowledge to be able to see what is correct or acceptable for a particular car. thanks

Posted on: 2011/3/31 15:42
 Top  Print   

Re: photo archives
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
This has been sorta talked about before. I really like the idea. The one hitch is if you are going for judging someone has to certify the correctness of the photos. I think both national clubs should also look at this issue. Good job in bringing it up. I have some identified pre war radios and electrical switch photos that could be added to the new catagory.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 16:25
 Top  Print   

Re: photo archives
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think it's a good idea also but Joel has a point. Unless it's a photo of a NOS still in the box item like he usually posts, or is of a car stored under cover and last driven during the Eisenhower administration or before, who's going to say it is correct. As I recall, when this suggestion came up before it was because of some difference of opinion between members here and what was in one of the PI judging books.

I for one would welcome all of Joel or Max's photo contributions or Fred's expertise. I find the pictures extremely enlightening and helpful just looking at the few on their websites. If they would be willing to post or donate some detail photos like that, then there should be no room for any doubt. Same with anyone having an original car "in the family" or at least with a known history since it was young.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 16:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved