Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
186 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 182

Packard Don, packardbill, Jack Vines, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

fuel pump rebuild kits
Just popping in
Just popping in

watertoy
See User information
First a little story,I have owned my packard for 18 yrs. Done 99% of thew work on her. When I bought her there were a few parts in the trunk,(fuel pump) The pump went out this last month. So looking for a kit all I found out was I had to buy a complete pump. I pulled the old one and transfering the fittings to the one in the trunk decided what the heck put it on and see if it works,(HA HA) Well I guess at sometime in its life it was rebuilt because IT WORKS GREAT. So how long will a rebuilt pump sit on the shelf at least 18+ yrs.Sorry for being long winded just excited. Now does anyone know where you can purchase a kit??? Thanks Rob

Posted on: 2011/5/22 10:14
 Top  Print   

Re: fuel pump rebuild kits
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
If your pump has a diaghram that is more than 5 years old, it probably won't last too long. The new fuels are deteriorating these quite rapidly.
I am very happy, and I highly recommend Then and Now for fuel pump kits. Absolutely GREAT customer service. They'll walk you through the rebuild either by phone or e-mail. There is one critical point when bolting it all back together that most people are unaware of, and it's good to get an idea of exactly just how to do it.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 10:19
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

watertoy
See User information
Thanks for the info I will keep an eye on it.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 10:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I too, have used Then and Now for kits and instructions. We had a little snafu at first, but they took care of the problem promptly and efficiently. I recommend them.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 10:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Then and Now kits are first rate.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 13:26

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved