Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 165

happy, moodydavid16, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Part Number for Wiper Base
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
The spray nozzles (Part 461049) are broken, and the chrome base they screw into have stripped threads. Therefore, replacement spray nozzles will not solve the issue.

The nozzle part number is located at page 265 of Body in Parts Catalog.

What is the part number that the nozzles screw into? I don't know because I don't even know what this part is called.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 12:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Part Number for Wiper Base
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
page 261 - group 31.3772, part nos 469480-81, rt-lt/
CABLE AND PIVOT SHAFT ASSY- CLEANER DRIVE.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 13:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
What is the part number that the nozzles screw into? I don't know because I don't even know what this part is called

You're not alone in that regard (even WRT to late model iron).

Early parts books had alphabetical application listings, but to help dealership personnel identify parts, Packard also provided illustrations that pointed out many, though not all of the parts by number. Later, they changed to a Group number classifaction system, which greatly improved things.

If you go to Plate No. 43 in the 55-56 parts book, the part you're looking is identified as Gr. 31.3772, which can be found on page 261 of the parts book, in the Body section.

This part is more commonly referred to as a wiper pivot. You'll probably have better luck looking for good used ones. The nozzles (jets) might already be installed, as the windshield washer equipment was standard on all 55-56 models EXCEPT Clipper Deluxe and Super.

Even if the exact part that you're looking for isn't shown in an illustration, the Group number for a related or adjacent part might get you within a page or two of your application.

The basic Group classification approach is still used by many automakers to this day.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 13:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Thanks, Randy.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 13:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Our posts crossed, BH. Yeah, the materials available on this site are great. I am still getting a little used to them, but I am getting faster at finding what I am looking for.

I think Dulinski said he had a pair. I have e-mailed him to confirm.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 14:12
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved