Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 116

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Original Shop Manuals?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
In that bundle of stuff I got at the sale was a couple of Shop Manuals. There is a 37-38 Series and a 38-39 Series. There is no date or issue number anywhere on these and the man I got them from said he had them for many years with the same collection of letters and other information I bought from him. These look original to me and definitely have that "aged" look to be 70 years old.

My question, would Packard have put a print date on the original printing or only put it on reprints? The 38-39 will stay with my 39 Super 8. I'm not sure about the 37-38 yet.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Gene

Posted on: 2012/5/18 21:43
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Re: Original Shop Manuals?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Congratulations on the find. As to a date, I looked at an original 36 and 40 & didn't see anything but "Printed in USA" in them. Postwar, the V8 manual is the only one I see that has a copyright date.

Posted on: 2012/5/18 22:07
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Original Shop Manuals?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gene
See User information
Mine has the "Printed in USA" on the inside of the cover. It looks like I do have a couple of original shop manuals. They really put them on good paper back then. This paper is still good and, although the covers have some grease smudges from dirty fingers, they are in really nice shape.

Gene

Posted on: 2012/5/19 6:44
1949 Packard Super 8 Limousine
1939 Buick Special

War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved