Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1934 1103 battery keeps going flat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Hey Dave,

I've seen that and I thought it was the stoplight switch, so that leads on to the next question where's the stoplight switch?

Posted on: 2012/7/18 9:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Terry, it's towards the rear of the brake pedal linkage system (beneath the floor boards), just behind the power brake actuating valve. Not numbered in this view from the parts manual but in light silouette and circled - note the pad on the pedal extension contacting the plunger. This is also a very easy switch to disassemble and repair if necessary.

PS - the diaphrams in both the brake actuating valve and the dashboard brake selector (% of power boost) valve were originally made of a treated paper, it's surprising that many of them still function today but if you do pull the floorboards for whatever reason, it might make sense to pull the actuating valve and replace the diaphram - new ones from thin rubber are available from Classic & Exotic.

Attach file:

jpg  (159.76 KB)
177_5006d167aef70.jpg 1280X1124 px

Posted on: 2012/7/18 10:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Terry Cantelo
See User information
Dave, Good info on the booster valve diaphram. I shall get one in stock just in case and I notice that C&E stock two types, which is the correct one for our cars the 3.250 or the 4.250?
Well last night I tried your spark test and I must say I was dis-appointed because there was no spark. A friend brought around a clip on ammeter and it also did not register a reading. Much head scratching and left everything connected for the drain test today. After checking if the car would start it fired right up with no sign of any drain off. By pure accident I think I may have found the fault. I had to take out the battery again in order to start another car and when I connected the battery again I got a Spark from the ground cable. More head scratching and more detective work. I decided to go back to the ignition switch and turned it on. Tried the spark test again and of course a spark. Switched off the ignition switch, tried the spark test again guess what no spark. so the outcome seems to be a dodgy switch but I will check it out a few more times. I have also fitted the cut off switch just in case.

Thanks to all for the replies

Terry

Posted on: 2012/7/19 8:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Terry, I don't recall which size for the diaphragm but if you email the owner at Classic & Exotic, Brian Joseph, I'm certain he can advise you. You might also think about getting the diaphragm for the dash valve that sets the amount of power boost desired. Brian also has almost all other critical parts for the Bragg-Kliesrath power brake system.

bwjoseph@classicandexotic.com

Posted on: 2012/7/19 10:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved