Happy 4th of July and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 159

Packard51, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Tailight
Just popping in
Just popping in

michael55
See User information
On a 56 Patrition,is it possible to remove the tailight by removing the bumper end only?

Posted on: 2012/10/13 14:44
 Top  Print   

Re: Tailight
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I could be wrong but If yours is like mine there is a bolt I doubt you will be able to reach to remove just the bumper end.

In addition to those seen from below use a mirror to check or maybe run your finger and feel in the small space between the splasher and bumper top. On mine there is a bolt at the very top about an inch in from the edge.

Posted on: 2012/10/13 17:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Michael T.  Sater
See User information
I have a 1940 Packard 110. On the taillight housing are the letters VELA. Does anyone know what that means?

Posted on: 2012/10/13 23:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
My guess would be the name or logo of the company that made or cast the housing. I just looked at a wide taillight assembly with a red and yellow?? glass lens from one of those prewar years. It has VEGA cast in the metal & centered just under the license plate bracket.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 10:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

michael55 wrote:
On a 56 Patrition,is it possible to remove the tailight by removing the bumper end only?

I was able to remove the bumper ends on my '55 Patrician but Howard is right about that top bolt - it's tricky to get to and takes forever to remove or put back My rachet was able to give just a couple of clicks for each turn. If I had to do it over again I'd just remove the whole bumper. Packard really "sewed" those bumpers together.

Posted on: 2012/10/14 13:51
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved