Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 198

Orange-Lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Children Building Packard Pinewood Derby cars......
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

patgreen wrote:
Having been through the Pinewood Derby several times, I can assure you with almost 100% certainty that the car the young man is holding was not built by him alone.

I'm surprised (based on my experience) that the dad let him hold it......

The young man in the photo above did have some help from his dad, because it was/is supposed to be a father/son project to help the young boys learn how to use basic tools.
The ambulance was rather simple, with the base of the body being what was supplied in the kit, with another slightly smaller rectangular block glued on top. When you break it down into two pieces, you can see that it was just a couple of simple angular cuts (done by the young boy) to get the hood and top shaped properly. The fenders are just pieces of aluminum can. The young boy also painted it, and stuck on the homemade decals.

I'm proud to say that the young man in the photo is now an Eagle Scout, and would like to be an aerospace engineer.

He also likes rebuilding fuel pumps.

Attach file:

jpg  (54.89 KB)
404_50a2980ce382a.jpg 1280X853 px

Posted on: 2012/11/13 13:49
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Re: Children Building Packard Pinewood Derby cars......
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
I am delighted to be corrected. Kudos to the young man (and Grampa[?] for setting the record straight).

Posted on: 2012/11/13 17:26
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved