Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
175 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 173

moodydavid16, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2013 PAC Official National Meet Info
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All:

Here is your first look at the 2013 PAC National Meet to be held in Pontiac, Michigan. I have attached the following items for your review:

1. Neighborhood location map
2. Hotel information sheet with reservation links to the 3 Marriott hotels on campus
3. Summary of Schedule of Events

If the site looks familiar to you, then it is because we are returning to the same host hotel we used for the 2006 PAC National Meet. The main hotel is the Marriott and we have also reserved a limited number of rooms at the Courtyard by Marriott and the Marriott Residence Inn just across the street. Choose the amenities and price point of the hotel that best suits your needs.

When you look at our Schedule of Events you will notice that on several days you will not be able to do everything. You will have to make a choice of what you want to see and do.

National Meets held in Detroit tend to be twice as large as a standard PAC Meet. For example, at the 2006 National we had 371 Master Registrations, 825 guests and 197 Packards. Our goal is to equal those numbers. So, when we have that number of people coming to town it is difficult to get everyone into one place all at once. Therefore, we have multiple events scheduled for Tuesday and Friday.

We start the week on Sunday, June 23 with a driving tour in the countryside to an amazing car collection where we will have an Ice Cream Social. Monday, June 24 is reserved for a Picnic at the PPG. Tuesday, June 25 we have two bus tours - you have to make a choice between the historic auto sites in Flint or Detroit. Wednesday, June 26 is reserved for PAC Meetings, Swap Meet Luncheon, afternoon visit to the GM Heritage Collection and a Dinner Cruise on the Detroit River. Thursday, June 27 is Judging Day and that will be held at a park in Rochester, Michigan. Friday, June 28 holds three different tours: (1) historic Detroit (2) Greenfield Village & Henry Ford Museum and (3) tours of the Dick & Linda Kughn collection and Roush Racing. The Awards Dinner is in the evening.

We have six, fun-filled days for you and some of the best events start early in the Meet. Motor City Packards only hosts a National Meet about every ten years. Where will you be and what age will you be in 2023? This may be your last opportunity to attend a Packard National Meet in Detroit. We want to see you here this June.

Complete registration materials will be posted by next weekend.

Thanks, --Roger--
2013 National Meet Chairman

Attach file:

pdf Size: 225.04 KB; Hits: 44
pdf Size: 369.13 KB; Hits: 41
pdf Size: 95.29 KB; Hits: 42

Posted on: 2013/1/27 11:05
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Re: 2013 PAC Official National Meet Info
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All:

Quick update. The Meet and Judging Registrations are now complete and are attached as a pdf. file. Please make sure to include your e-mail address so that we can alert you to any changes that may occur before and during the 2013 PAC National Meet.

We are doing an experiment this year - we are NOT charging a late fee. We still want you to register early and some venues will have limited capacity, e.g. the dinner cruise on the Detroit River for Wednesday is LIMITED to the first 250 registered. The early bird gets the worm.

If we charge a late fee we think it might turns off some folks who might otherwise attend. We want a big crowd and an extra fee seems unnecessary. This experiment will give us the answer.

Hope to see you in Detroit this June.

Thanks, --Roger--
2013 National Meet Director

Posted on: 2013/1/29 18:37
-

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All:

We have been receiving Registration Forms for the 2013 PAC National Meet and noticed that we could make things clearer for you. Therefore, I am attaching the latest version of the National Registration Form for you to use.

Please look at my original post (#1) for links to special room rates at the Meet hotels.

See you in the Motor Cities this June.

Thanks, --Roger--

Attach file:

pdf Size: 44.89 KB; Hits: 60

Posted on: 2013/3/5 11:26
-

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello All Vendors:

I just received an e-mail from our Swap Meet Director, Packards1, (Joel Ray) that 18 of our 32 indoor vendor spaces have already been reserved - that is way ahead of our forecast.

With 3 months to go there are only 14 spaces left to rent. So, if you thought of selling Packard parts at the 2013 PAC National Meet, then you need to complete a Registration Form and reserve the vending spaces you'll need, NOW.

After we sell out of the indoor spaces, then we will only have outdoor spaces left to rent.

Selling out of spaces is a good thing. That means more vendors and more choices for buyers.

Thanks, --Roger--

Posted on: 2013/3/24 11:17
-

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Friends of Packard:

We are just 10 weeks away from the start of the 2013 PAC National Meet in Pontiac, MI.

As you make you plans to attend make sure you see this video produced by the Motor Cities National Heritage Area - an affiliate of the National Park Service. They are dedicated to preserving, interpreting and promoting the automotive heritage of our area.

Just click onto their home page and the video begins playing:
http://www.motorcities.org/index.html

Or you can click onto YouTube and see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQfkxsrIaU

This video will give you a taste of what you will see and do during our Meet. While the Unlimited Hydroplanes are on the Detroit River in July, you can be on the Diamond Jack boats for our Wednesday evening Detroit River Dinner Cruise. The video also shows highlights of some of the other places we will be taking you to, such as the Detroit Historical Museum, The Ford Piquette Plant, Greenfield Village, The Ford Factory Tour and Flint's Sloan Museum and Buick Gallery.

You can take in some of the other sites during your free time - Meadowbrook Hall is only 10 or 12 minutes from the Marriott Hotel.

If you are traveling from the west, make sure you stop at the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners (near Kalamazoo) MI.

For those truly early bird arrivals there are several events that are available for you to see.
? Sloan Museum Auto Fair, in Flint, MI, June 22 with over 700 cars on display. Take your Packard up there on Saturday and snag a trophyhttp://www.sloanautofair.com/
? Antique Classic Boat Society - "Where It All Began" Show, in Algonac, MI - the home of Chris Craft.http://www.michacbs.com/events/calendar

Remember, our first event of the Meet starts on Sunday, June 23 in the early afternoon with an Ice Cream Social at the Stahl Collection of 100+ cars.http://stahlsauto.com/gallery/

You don't want to miss the start of the Meet.

Please contact me with any questions.

Thanks, --Roger Luksik--
2013 PAC National Meet Director
rluksik@comcast.net

Posted on: 2013/4/13 13:10
-

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello from the Motor Cities:

A few clarifications and new additions are in order. While we have dropped any late registration fees, there are several, very good reasons to register for the Meet as soon as you can.

First, the discounted room rates at the hotels are only valid until Friday, May 31. After that date there is NO guarantee that the hotel will honor the discounted rate we negotiated. As of June 1st you could be charged the normal room rate.

As of Friday, April 19 and with 9 weeks to go, nearly 60% of the rooms have been reserved. What are you waiting for? Do you really want to take the gamble?

Second, two of our daily events have a maximum attendance limit. Based on the Master Registrations we already have in hand I can assure you the two following events will be sold out.
? GM Heritage Collection: Limit 300 people - Wednesday, June 26, 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
? Dinner Cruise: Limit 275 people - Wednesday, June 26, 5:00 to 9:00 PM

Hotel Corrections and Changes. In an earlier posting I incorrectly said the Courtyard Marriott served a free breakfast. In fact, there is a modest charge for breakfast:
? Full American (hot) Breakfast - $8.95
? Continental Breakfast - $6.95

Meanwhile, I was able to negotiate the addition of a limited number of 2-Bedroom Suites at the Residence Inn Marriott for $179 per night. This would be ideal for two couples traveling together or a larger family. The Residence Inn does serve a free breakfast and a free beer & wine reception each evening.

Click onto the attached PDF and get a direct link to the hotel of your choice.

I apologize for the mistake regarding the Courtyard and I hope to see you and your Packard at the 2013 PAC National Meet.

Thanks, --Roger--

Attach file:

pdf Size: 358.28 KB; Hits: 65

Posted on: 2013/4/25 12:28
-

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Roger and all the Detroit folks do a great job. This is sure to be memorable and lots of fun, by virtually any measure.

For reasons that elude me, many people seem completely unable to commit to anything, even when making plans to go. AS HE NOTES, SPACE AT THE SPECIAL EVENTS IS LIMITED. Don't miss this event because someone can't commit. This is the time to assert leadership and get ready to go.

MCP members have put themselves on the line for you negotiating better rates and special events. The have every legitimate reason to know you are coming because they have to guarantee attendance to a variety of involved parties. Leaving them out to dry is a disservice to everyone involved.

To clarify, I am not a member of MCP, but I have been lucky enough to attend several of their events. They do things right. I'm in their fan club for sure!

Posted on: 2013/4/25 18:59
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
On a similar thread MIDan asked about a schedule and I have posted it below. You should be able to click onto the image and then zoom in so you can read it.

The schedule has a recent addition and that is the inclusion of a 4th presenter on Monday, June 24th at the PPG. Joining our "Ladies of Packard" is MaryEllen (Green) Dohrs. For the 1955 Caribbeans and 400s Dick Teague called in MaryEllen to design the car's interior. She is a 1950 graduate of the Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY and was the first woman to work for GM Styling, where she was hired immediately upon graduation. It was while at GM that she met Dick Teague. Her work for Packard was SIGNIFICANT.

She joins the other three Ladies of Packard on the stage after the catered lunch.
1. Roberta Vincent: Daughter of Charles and niece of Col. Jesse - she lived at the PPG
2. Fran Hale: Executive Secretary to PMCC President Hugh Ferry
3. Margaret Dunning: World's Oldest Packard Driver at 103 years old.

Watch for more announcements regarding the evening auto history speakers.

Thanks, --Roger--

Attach file:

pdf Size: 19.40 KB; Hits: 52

jpg  (105.88 KB)
436_51812d3c2057e.jpg 834X1280 px

jpg  (91.56 KB)
436_51812d49ecd52.jpg 1216X912 px

Posted on: 2013/5/1 9:57
-

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Thank you for posting this, Roger!

I was curious re times because I have to work during the week.

Judging by the schedule, I should plan a vacation day for Thursday the 27th to see/photograph Packards (and hopefully meet fellow PackardInfo-ers!).

Posted on: 2013/5/1 10:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved