Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
161 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Fred Oakley Packard and Studebaker display, 1955 Dallas dealer
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Quote:
Look at the white covered item, on the left is an area that looks like its torn, or looks like a dark triangle on the white back ground, that is the flag against the white covering.

Just doesn't work for me. Maybe there is an X, but the confederate flag is dark. To me, it has to be something else. Possibly a drawing of the chassis?

Posted on: 2013/3/29 11:22
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
That very well may have been a rear-projection machine, basically a 16mm film projector in a box that shot the image into a mirror, then onto a rear projection screen.
This is probably what they ran on that machine:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pQcPALPnTKU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BTW: I posted that picture, I got it from the Detroit Public Library surplus sale circa 1983, either that or I bought it from John Conde's "questionable activity" booth at Carlsile. I'm not sure, it's been a lot of years now.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 11:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Who is the engineer doing the voice-over and speaking to the other three at the end of this segment? William Graves, Herbert Misch, another principle engineer or an actor playing the part?

Steve

Posted on: 2013/3/29 12:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
An actor.

Posted on: 2013/3/29 12:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved