Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 102

Todd W. White, Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: V8 pistons
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Post #5 in this thread lists the 5699s that were exported. Though a high percentage of 56 Carib convertibles have survived, it appears at least as of a few years ago, that NONE of the export cars are among the known survivors.

I do have an updated 5699 survivor list as of about a year ago, I'll check that and if one or more has surfaced, I'll edit this post.

UPDATE: Perhaps 2 of the export 5699s survived; #1122 is listed as of 1979 in Bethlehem, PA, and #1228 is listed as of 1988 in a museum in France. I have some recollection of seeing recent photos of this one and still in a European museum, perhaps our European "meister searcher" Gusha can track this down.

Posted on: 2014/1/4 14:47
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

WC
See User information
OK. Now I'd like to know what EC included, since XK was the speedo. Also, it is partially covered by the red marker that was used, but in between EC and XH there is P5 (?). It is not PS, that is plainly visible elsewhere.

Posted on: 2014/1/4 14:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Quickly another oddity:
Look at Clylinder Head Assembly 5.0503. April 56 in my book indicates 440690 for BOTH EARLY 5540 and 5560-80.

Did any V8's for ANY application leave the factory as oem painted white ???

Posted on: 2014/1/4 16:36
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
The last V8 roster I have showed theses cars,

5699-1123 that is listed as Windsor (Toronto) is in NJ, possibly worked on by Pat Aldrich Restoration
5699-1238 that is listed as Windsor ON is in RI
5699-1256 that is listed as Kingston ON is in ON

The V8 parts book on this site is dated "Revised July 1, 1956".

It list low compression shims for 55 & 56
Piston export for 5540
Low compression piston for the 55 and 56.

Would an export dealer had different motor specifications than the one in the 55-56 service manual? Or was there a general guideline on lower compression engines vrs the US version?

WC, thanks for looking on your motor for the code.

Posted on: 2014/1/4 17:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved