Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
233 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 230

Jenifer K Johnson, bkazmer, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard ident
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
I am far from being an expert on Packard styling in the early 1920's era, but here goes. The rear fenders look like they could be Packard, but they could be just about any other manufacturer also. Looking at original photos and drawings of that era, Packards have a more sloping rumble or rear deck area as did most other American cars. You can see in #121 that the man seated on the car's rear deck seems to have his right leg bent at a 90 degree angle so that rear deck drops off rather abruptly. My "American Car Spotter's Guide" has depictions of early-20's Dodge Brothers (before the Chrysler take over) and Nash cars that buck the sloping deck trend. So I think we're looking at a Dodge or a Nash rather than a Packard.

Posted on: 2015/12/30 1:15
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

dross
See User information
I am sure you have much greater knowledge than me and looking at a 22 Dodge the trunk lid is a match, therefore I feel confident it is a Dodge thanks for the info David

Posted on: 2015/12/31 19:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
You're welcome, glad to have been of help. I think Dodge is the most likely identity for that car. Seeing those deeply-rutted dirt roads in your pictures reminds me of a silent film clip on YouTube titled "Oilfield Dodge." If you haven't seen it it's worth a look. It shows a that-era Dodge sedan slogging through axle-deep mud that would stop our modern four wheel drive SUVs in their tracks. Yet the Dodge manages to get through and it has only rear wheel drive. Having seen that clip, Dodge would have been a wise choice for the folks in your pictures to have in their garage.

Posted on: 2015/12/31 23:06
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

From what little visual information that can be gleaned from those period photos, Dodge is a good guess. They were tough, durable, popular cars a step up from the Model T of which there are a number in the photo.

Here's what the boxed trunk looks like on one of the most expensive cars of the era, a Locomobile Model 48 Gunboat roadster by Merrimac. Doubtful it would have been driven in the mud, but lots of Dodges were......

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (37.67 KB)
409_5687d4901093b.jpg 750X368 px

Posted on: 2016/1/2 8:47
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

dross
See User information
I have looked at several dodge photos and the trunks do match. The owner of the car is Sig Hage a local logging contractor in the 20s. He advertised his company a Hage Timber and Investment Company and he hoped on selling shares in his company and making a fortune, however it did not work out that way. It appeared he was displaying one-up -manship to his peers. There were several Dodge dealers in the vacinity and one main Packard dealer in Vancouver Consolidated Motors,they also sold Hupmobiles and Dorts. Great forum. David

Posted on: 2016/1/6 20:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved