Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
119 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Under dash a/c Mark 4?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Most likely 6 volt. due to it's size i would guess somekind of a truck or Ag or commercial vehilcle application rather than passenger car.

I've studied the Mark IV units at one time quite extensively. Never saaw one like this one in the pics.

Posted on: 2017/1/23 21:29
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Maybe a REAR AC evaporator for a limo???

Posted on: 2017/1/23 21:32
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Keith, I don't think it is necessarily a truck or rear seat unit but probably could be used in either. I think it may be an earlier model -- or maybe made for another car -- than this similar size Mark IV unit shown in a 55-6. Hard to say if 6 or 12v if it was made after 53.

Attach file:

jpg  (66.36 KB)
209_5886c30143936.jpg 1200X800 px

Posted on: 2017/1/23 21:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
ok. But go back and look at post #1 and the FRONT of the evap in that picture. There are NO provisions to redirect the cool air from side to side nor up and down. THAT leads me to believe it was some kind of a more remote mounted evap application such as truck ceiling mount or other non-passenger car application.

Posted on: 2017/1/24 16:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Some of the other brands I have photos of also appear to have minimal directional louvers.

Posted on: 2017/1/24 17:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

denber
See User information
....Hi Miller here....the front of the a/c unit has 3 knobs ,.the center knob controls the on/off and speed of the fan,..the 2 other knobs control fins that are behind the a/c unit face and these fins change the air flow direction,..On the face of the unit there is 5 fins/lovers and these can be turned up,down or any where in between to control air flow...thanks miller

Posted on: 2017/1/24 17:07
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

denber
See User information
....anyone have a guess as to what this may be worth?....miller

Posted on: 2017/1/25 9:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
The value is difficult to say. As you are missing the additional parts to make the unit a complete package.So people of interest are greatly reduced as it would be only be of interest to a person that either has a complete system and is in need of parts or is a person that has the parts that you are missing and needs the under dash unit. With it being a aftermarket unit that could be bolted into a number of makes and models of vehicle make less desirable than that of a factory make specific unit. You would need to find that one person that is missing that exact part. So this is an item that you may sit on for some time. Have you gone to places like ebay and looked for 1950's era under dash units in the completed/sold section? That would be may starting point to assess a value.

Thanks
James

Posted on: 2017/1/25 13:07
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

denber
See User information
..thanks for the reply and info....No I have not done any checking on e bay etc. because I 1st needed to know what year etc it is...but I will check around and see what I come up with...thanks miller

Posted on: 2017/1/25 13:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved