Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Carpet Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

kevinpackard wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of shrinkage. I'm kinda surprised it did that.

How similar would the original carpet be to modern boat carpet? That would be readily available and could be easily cut and binding sewn by an upholsterer. Lots of colors to choose from also, so should be able to get something close.

I was surprised as well, the only thing I can think of is they must have stuck them in the dryer. I haven't gone and talked to them yet, not sure what good it will do. Can't unscramble scrambled eggs!

I'm going to check around, I'm sure SMS, Kanter, Jackson, etc. probably all have a cut pile carpet and thankfully they are not terribly complicated, so if I need to make a set it won't be that bad.

BUT, one of the things that is impressive about my car is how original the interior is, and it's only original once........

Posted on: 11/30 10:08
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
In both my 54 and 37 I used indoor outdoor carpet. Suitable for closed cars and convertibles. Just doesn't use the stuff that looks like fake grass.

Posted on: 11/30 11:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
In both my 54 and 37 I used indoor outdoor carpet. Suitable for closed cars and convertibles. Just doesn't use the stuff that looks like fake grass.

The idea of someone using the fake grass outdoor carpet in their Packard stirs up some pretty bad images in my head!

Posted on: 11/30 20:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved