Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 223

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

how to remove driveshaft
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

James Kallman
See User information
I am restoring the under carriage of a 1949 Custom Eight. The next step is to disconnect the drive shaft. Have watched u-tube videos on how to remove the drive shaft (on modern cars). These suggest removing the four machine screws at the differential, then sliding the drive shaft back off a splined shaft. When I tried this, the drive shaft wouldn't pull back. Instead, there was a clank noise as if the shaft was secured at the front. Not wanting to damage anything, I stopped pulling. Now asking for your help in what many breeze over in posting as "just remove the drive shaft." What is the correct method please. James

Posted on: 6/22 3:23
 Top  Print   

Re: how to remove driveshaft
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
You need to remove a similar 4 bolts at the front of the driveshaft where it attaches to the flange of the transmission. The slip joint is contained within the length of the driveshaft and does not come apart without an extra procedure.

Posted on: 6/22 6:17
 Top  Print   

Re: how to remove driveshaft
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

James Kallman
See User information
thank you! This is a great forum.

Posted on: 6/22 12:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved