Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1950 packard 288 engine just rebuilt now has water in the oil
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It's a little unclear, especially with the long unbroken paragraph, to understand exactly what you're experiencing. It seems you're saying that you're losing coolant but not that you actually see it on top of the oil. If it's getting into the pan, it would show on the dipstick.

Posted on: Yesterday 21:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950 packard 288 engine just rebuilt now has water in the oil
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
This one has really peaked my interest.

Did you check your oil after going for a drive? Was it milky, that is water and oil mixed? Or is the water migrating into the oil after the car is shut off?

And no while smoke out the tail pipe once warmed up, correct?

Could the block have a crack by one of the valve guides that opens up when the car gets warm, but doesn't show up during your pressure test? Maybe you could see evidence of water by removing your valve covers and inspecting your valve train?

BTW, I'm like Flackmaster, more armchair than mechanic. But I have been far enough into my engine (327) to have replaced valve guides, rings, coated pistons, cleaned and tested lifters, etc. etc.

Unsolved mysteries!

Posted on: Yesterday 22:14
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved