Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard skin grafts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Finally time to do the paint and bodywork on my 127k mile 56 Super Packup. Being an east coast car I have worked down the side with inner and outer rockers, replacing floor stringers etc. Was a bit stymied by the lower rear quarter which had been pranged in the distant past (repaired with lead), had rusted since, and received another prang by some of my injudicious offroading. Its not so easy to roll a nice curve for those panels, so time for a trick.

Nasty Patty in the backyard was suffering from terminal gangreen but the tops of the rear quarters were of course still good. (Nasty Patty previously donated a miraculously intact trunk floor to the Balboa) Anyway it was amazingly easy with the help of a contour gage and a tape measure to locate a suitable patch panel in the middle of Patty's left rear quarter. Here are the results. Just for reference the top of a 51-53 junior rear quarter will make a wonderful panel for the bottom of any 51-54 rear quarter.

Attach file:

jpg  (107.00 KB)
618_4d86b2ee2d164.jpg 1408X1056 px

jpg  (81.10 KB)
618_4d86b31120374.jpg 1408X1056 px

jpg  (113.98 KB)
618_4d86b34c1ba67.jpg 1408X1056 px

Posted on: 2011/3/20 21:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved