Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
189 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 187

happy, Wheelhorse76, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Chrome V/8 valve covers
Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
These are PARTS WAREHOUSE WORK ORDERS not purchase orders, or R&D it would appear someone ordered x amount of a part# that consisted of a number of items. 5000 of 379825 took 1 each of 4 items and 4 of the washer. 217 items part #6484481 consisted of 1 each 6480792 nameplate and 1 each 6484480 cover. Do not know what the hours mean

Attach file:

jpg  (94.48 KB)
1052_4ded3fc1623dd.jpg 1275X832 px

Posted on: 2011/6/6 16:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Quote:

"...it would appear someone ordered x ..."

SOmeone???? Quantities of 5K and 20K ?????? Maybe BH can enlighten me here but that quantity could only be within CORPORATE pmcc. I would be amazed if some dealer ordered that many. Maybe the warehouse ordered that many from corporate. Maybe some PMCC engineers' secretary ordered that many for some dept within PMCC. But not anyone outside of the PMCC corporate departments.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 18:53
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think those are internal orders. Perhaps like many companies all Packard depts were individual entities or profit centers. Warehouse being one, manufacturing being one, tool shop another, sales, service etc etc. Very common in many companies to hold each dept accountable for their staffing, overhead and whatever.

In these cases, rocker covers which consisted of two items were ordered, a production dept made or assembled the items and shipped to the warehouse or whomever. The other case is an axle seal kit which consisted of 5 items, assembled, made, sourced or whatever and placed in individual boxes and sent to the warehouse for distribution.

My guess on the time notation is how long it took to do the work for that job. That time charged at a certain rate plus the parts cost was the amount charged to the requesting dept. That requesting dept would then divide the amount charged by number of items received for a unit cost, then add their markup and send it to the next person ordering that item at whatever cost that would be. Alternately, perhaps the time was just internally accounted for rather than being billed so management knew where the employees time was spent.

Posted on: 2011/6/6 19:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved