Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 204

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Pan American concept cars info wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Ahhh... thanks!

Posted on: 2012/2/8 20:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
I understand that the Detroit Institute of Art owns a pair of these cars.

Posted on: 2012/3/2 23:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Very technically it is owned by the Detroit Historical Museum. I volunteered to help move some cars for the DHM and the white one was moved in my trailer - see photo below.

Also attached is a (poor) scan of a page from the June 2005 Detroit Hour magazine showing the two Pan Americans, the Grey Wolf (copy?) and two other Packards. I do not know where the car(s)are today. The City of Detroit is broke, and does not have any display space to show off their historic cars - Packard or otherwise. so they lent them out to various museums where they can be displayed and kept warm and clean. IIRC, the Detroit Fire Department 1911 "Flying Squad" is on display in the Warren museum. Opps, just checked and it is there along with the 1951 Pan American show car.

One of our PLANS for the 2013 PAC National Meet is to tour the DHM storage buildings and see their entire collection. You guys need to visit in 2013.

--Roger--

Attach file:

jpg  (95.00 KB)
436_4f52758c8ab73.jpg 841X612 px

jpg  (21.36 KB)
436_4f5275c54b4a7.jpg 500X316 px

Posted on: 2012/3/3 14:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved