Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 234

John Sauser, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1907 Packard Stone Entrance Auction Results
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
I just got home after driving past the remains of the Packard Plant, and whoever bought the smaller of the two entrances didn't waste any time -- it's already gone. Scaffolding has been erected around the "Packard 1907" entryway, so it's just a few days away from being gone too. Beyond the two radiator shapes on the Boulevard bridge and the bases of the two bridge clocks, there are really no other artifacts left at 1580 E. Grand. It's a pretty forlorn looking mess now.

Sic transit gloria mundi

Posted on: 2008/8/21 14:31
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Robert J. Neal
See User information
The second Packard Factory door was purchased as a direct deal by the backers of the failing bid for the one that RM auctions handled, The Proving Ground Foundation. So one went to the Packard Museum in Dayton and one to the Proving Grounds - and it is already there in storage. I guess Packard lovers won out all around.

Now -- where is the Packard radiator reproduction on the bridge across East Grand going to go -- or has it already?
Robert

Posted on: 2008/9/27 20:35
Currently researching 1951 Packards, particularly convertibles and Mayfairs, but anything interesting. Own a 1950 Custom 8 sedan and a 1954 Cavalier, both are restored.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've made this pitch before in this thread but it deserves repeating. If you can afford it, make a contribution no matter how small to the Packard Proving Grounds; we can't save the factory but we can help to save an important piece of Packard real estate and history and with donations of many significant items and private collections of Packard literature, it's becoming the premier repository for such things. Please, if you can afford a few dollars for a great cause, do it now.

Posted on: 2008/9/27 22:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved