Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 203

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: What are you doing for your car this year?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Duane Gunn
See User information
On my 53 Patrician, the wiring harness just arrived. Now as I look at my instrument cluster I found out that my speedometer never worked. So I need another speedometer before I want to start hooking up the new wiring harness. I want to drive it as well. A friend is having their 50th Wedding Anniversary here in Phoenix, I know 110F! And I promised them that this car would be there for their anniversary. So that's my goal. I won't have any door rubber and my window felt is shot, so I'll have lots of rattling going on but it'll be running!
That's what I plan to do this year. If I get lucky I might get to add more to this list.

Attach file:

jpg  (34.18 KB)
1632_533252c7e42a9.jpg 637X353 px

Posted on: 2014/3/25 23:08
1955 Clipper Custom
1940 160 Touring Sedan
1953 Patrician
1948 Super 8 Limo
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
1) Pull front fenders and decide if I am going to do the body work and paint them myself or send them off.
2) Fine a shop to do the interior. Any leads in the Chicago area would be great.
3) Pull generator and starter to give them the correct black crinkle finish.
4) Touch up some goofs on my paint job.

Future
1) Have leaf springs refurbished. Any leads in Chicago area that does this work would be great.
2) Pull tires and drums to check brake linings.

Then get out and enjoy driving Old Bessie :)

Posted on: 2014/3/26 7:01
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Re: interior work: Mark Larder is in Homer (D'oh!) Michigan, Which is about 3-1/3 hours from Chicago, one of the best in the business, and very reasonable. Google map

Posted on: 2014/3/26 14:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Check the brakes, replace the brake fluid, replace the rear exhaust mufflers and lube the car. (I'm hoping that's all. )

Tom

Posted on: 2014/3/26 14:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
My plan is to continue to cut away the rust and replace with good metal. I'm anxious to get parts out of the garage so maybe I will reassemble the engine compartment and possibly fire it up!

Posted on: 2014/3/26 18:49
[url=h
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved