Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 134

Gearhead76, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 55-56 Speedometer gears and cable
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I tried driving the speedo in the as-yet-installed instrument cluster with my cheap portable electric drill and it showed about 40MPH (drill RPM unknown).

The problem I have encountered is that the 1963 Ford B-W T-10 driven gears are like Hen's teeth: they are NOA and I haven't found any vendor who sells them. My plan was to use a period-correct looking electronic Tach mounted in front of the speedo on the modified "piano" shift column stalk. The calculator says that 68MPH is 2500RPM in 4th (1:1) for my combo. That works.

BTW, my GF was agast when I told her that the speedo wouldn't work and she would have to look at the Tach RPM. She said: "What's a Tach?". LOL!

Craig

Posted on: 2017/3/15 7:51
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved