Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 198

Diablo, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 5 Packards for Auction on December 2 Birmingham Alabama
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
That boat tail is pretty nice, but a strange amalgam. It has a 1931 Super 8 hood, but the headlights and fender lamps are Standard 8. The radiator is the 1932 V-shape but I don't recognize the shutter design. The headlight bars are 1932 as well. The cormorant wasn't available until '32. Could it have been a 1932 upgrade to sell the leftover '31s? However, the bumpers are 1929 or earlier and the pedals look pre-1930. Not sure what the tail light lenses are off, although tail lights look like they could be 1932. The original instrument cluster has been replaced with an unknown and rather unpleasant looking melange. A bit of a cobble job, I'm afraid.

Posted on: 2017/12/2 18:45
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 5 Packards for Auction on December 2 Birmingham Alabama
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Well let me throw you for another loop: the whole body is aluminum including hood & fenders.

I don't think it was a 31 leftover cause the front fenders, engine and steering box are 32.

Posted on: 2017/12/2 22:50
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved