Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
273 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 271

Charles, oldguy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Coil Resistance
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Electronics and electrical are my thing and trade. Like HH56 said there should be no issues with performance at all newer coils have the second post on top not the bottom. I believe stock came with the post on top and bottom if one could find away to use the armored cable with both both posts on top and make it lookook somewhat stock that would be awesome. I find It hard to pay 250 or 275 for a coil that's is insane. I also have a line on Some swing down. Rear bumper guards. The guards need plated and the cross pieces look real good and they want to charge me 450.00 WTF

Posted on: 2018/9/4 21:07
Pat and Melanie Westerkamp

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Re: Coil Resistance
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
I believe stock came with the post on top and bottom if one could find away to use the armored cable with both both posts on top and make it lookook somewhat stock that would be awesome.

That was my sentiments. I didn't want to pay $250+/- for a 70 year old original type coil so made an adapter with a terminal that approximated the base end of the original Clipper coil that extends thru a hole in the firewall. The armored cable end cup is mounted in an extension of the adapter which is then screwed on. The adapter will accept a relatively inexpensive IC7 coil. An unobtrusive wire visible for about 4" runs from the bottom terminal via a groove in the adapter to the exposed top terminal on the IC7.

The Clipper uses the kind of coil with tabs to hold the armored cable cup but I don't know all the variations the other models used. Don't know if the twist on type armored cable side I have is the right size and shape to try and make something that would work for engine mounted coils.

Attach file:

jpg  (68.47 KB)
209_5b8f45fac8b33.jpg 1093X732 px

jpg  (90.18 KB)
209_5b8f4606a7243.jpg 744X984 px

jpg  (119.72 KB)
209_5b8f4613e2eef.jpg 1227X1139 px

jpg  (151.40 KB)
209_5b8f48fe6217b.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2018/9/4 22:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved