Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 91

flopperwatcher, BigKev, Jimmyk, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: What Should Come First
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

James T Axman
See User information
I think the car's individual needs are a big factor, for example, I bought a car that sat for 40 years in a garage. As I tear into things, I am finding what I suspected (fuel pump totally encrusted), brake cylinders frozen, master cylinder rusted and frozen... yet, the car, because it sat so long has less body wear, suspension parts and steering parts are good, and just surface rust. This is my first ever body-off restoration; As an amateur, I'm doing most of the work and learning in the process. The painting of the shell and various parts is being done by my co-renter and he is keeping me in the loop of every step, bare metal, priming, etc...we removed the shell from the frame, and I'm working on brake lines, muffler system, fuel system, etc...before everything assembled. These are once in a lifetime experiences, so take your time, step by step, don't cut corners....and enjoy yourself :)

Posted on: 2009/10/22 13:45
 Top  Print   

Re: What Should Come First
Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Wow, I just got good advise from a TAXMAN!
Sorry for the lousy pun, J T Axman.

Seriously, my car sat for only 20 years, but I relate to all you say.
Know our cars.
Enjoy our cars.
Good advise.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/10/22 18:47
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved