Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 156

37Blanche, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 700R4 + V8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
U mentioned rods. HP i assume. Since pistons are difficult then one mite be complelled to run SBC pistons with NEW rods to accomodate the SBC pistons. If u gotta buy new rods (HP i assume) then mite as well make the pistons ez to get and relatively cheap to offset the cost of the special rods.

Forget about special rods, and spend the money on better pistons. You can get forged pistons made by Ross for the Packard V8 based off of Chevy forgings for a lot less than a set of custom rods will cost.

As for the rods, use the stock ones, have them shot peened and all casting flash removed, then use ARP bolts. The stock rods are fine, ask Jack Vines.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 16:03
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ryan Messner
See User information
As far as the Mag that would be for aesthetics only I wouldnt plan on getting anything out of it. Would be a neet adition as there are little to no aftermarket parts for these motors.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Would be a neet adition as there are little to no aftermarket parts for these motors.

Yup, performance Packard parts are strictly "BYO".

Posted on: 2010/1/21 14:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved