Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 101

bkazmer, PackardSanta, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: If you have the Olds oil pump, how much oil do you put in when changing oil?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Yes Peter good point. We shortened the tip only as well.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 17:05
 Top  Print   

Re: If you have the Olds oil pump, how much oil do you put in when changing oil?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
How much does the pump cost, and what is the total cost to install it?

In my case the HD pump and kit was (I think) $360.

The shop billed for six hours. You will also need a pan gasket set, readily available from Fred or Max.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 20:08
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
It is my understanding that overfilling the crankcase may cause the crank to splash in the oil. causing foaming. Isn't foaming the reason to replace the OEM pump with the Olds pump?

With the OEM pump, somewhere along the line I saw that an additional pint would do the job without involving the crank splashing.

While on the subject of oil, beware of older fuel pumps. I just discovered about a gallon of gasoline in my crankcase from a deteriorated fuel pump diaphram. It wasn't on the Packard, thank goodness.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2011/10/31 21:20
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved