Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

packardbill, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Travel.....
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well it's 2am and finally made it to my hotel room in Farmington Hills, MI. Hopefully tomorrow goes smoother than the organized chaos at the airport!

Posted on: 2008/4/16 0:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
What terminal did you come in through? (which airline?)

before they built the new McNamara/Northworst terminal our airport was dubbed "the portal to hell"

Posted on: 2008/4/16 11:12
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well sorry to say the best laid plans do not always work out.

I was supposed to arrive on Wednesday morning with the local dealer to put the finish touches on a presentation for a $800,000 deal. Well the person that was supposed to put the majority of the presentation together left me holding the bag, and I had to spend the next 16 hours (till 2am in the morning) building the presentation from scratch.

So needless to say I didnt have a chace to visit with John (Mr. PB) or stop by East Grand. But the presentaion went very well I am think that I will be back in the area several times in the next few months.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 10:01
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
You were this close--make sure to book that hotel again.

Attach file:

jpg  (28.73 KB)
129_4808dca57a814.jpg 600X520 px

Posted on: 2008/4/18 12:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Small world eh??? Look at the North East corner of Orchard Lake and 12 mile. 2nd street east of orchard lake is AlyceKay. A short dead end street about half way up Alyce Kay is Patrica (the spelling IS correct no "i" after the "c"). I lived on Patrica for 10 years. It is about half way between the proving grounds at milford and the Tec-Center.

Mr PB. Is that Kensington Subdivision u're in????? Is Siler market still there at 12 and Orchard Lake?? The ACE hardware about half way between 12 and 13 was an airport back in the 40's and early 50's.

Is the Corn Silo still there at the corner of Alyce Kay and 12 mile???

Posted on: 2008/4/18 21:46
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I said I would be getting back to Detroit soon, and I didnt lie. I just found out I have to fly back to detroit for a meeting at 10am on Monday morning on the way to Toronto. I guess we made the next cut in the vendor selection process.

If we get this deal, I would imagine myself coming to Detroit alot.

Posted on: 2008/4/18 23:25
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Danny Petty
See User information
Must be "time to travel to Michigan" I traveling there Wednesday on bussiness Will be staying in Warren for a couple of nights

Posted on: 2008/4/19 6:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Packard V-8, The silo at Alycekay is gone. What corner was the Siler market on? There is a huge strip mall on the NW corner, could have been there?

The building that used to be the airport is now an auto body shop--my father had a work friend who liked to fly and Dad remembers a couple of sunday excursions out of that little airport, before I was born.

Our house is right on Farmington road, we are considered part of the Kendallwood sub, our house is one of the few on Farmington that matches the sub homes architecturally.

Posted on: 2008/4/19 9:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Yeah, it was Kendallwood, not Kensington sub. Thanks for the correction. I believe Kendallwood was started about 1953. It's been at least 20 years since i was out that way. Siler market was the second bussiness south of 12 mile on east side of Orchard Lake rd from 1954 thru about 1980 that i know of.

Over on MiddleBelt about 1 or 2 miles south of 12 mile was a small junk yard during the 50's. The man's name that ran it was Rip. Does your father remeber him and the junk yard???

Posted on: 2008/4/19 13:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
PV-8, I'll have to ask my dad the next time we talk. I used to get my parts from Grand/Haggerty auto parts back when, the junkyard you mention would have been long gone. We still lived in Detroit until 1969, NE Livonia after that (8/Middlebelt)

Did you frequent Jeans Hardware when you lived here?

Posted on: 2008/4/20 19:05
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved