Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Carb Problem
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey thanks O_D!

I figured that was why they had that tab there, but still wasn't completely sure. I guess the clip stretched when I took the carb apart. Like I mentioned, I wasn't able to get air past the needle when the float was in the up position, so it should work. I've been very apprehensive about taking my carb apart. I thought it would be more complex than what it turned out to be. I feel more comfortable attempting a re-build now. I know it needs some new components, like the accelerator pump piston. Does anyone sell that separately?

-Garrett

Posted on: 2012/5/18 15:42
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
I bought mine from Mike's Carburetors. I chose to use the old needle and seat; there was a black tip on the needle, plus it seemed longer. I really was pleased with the customer service from Mike's.

The fitting issue may have been my fault, but the replacement needle and seat seemed to protrude more.

Posted on: 2012/5/18 15:44
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I know it needs some new components, like the accelerator pump piston. Does anyone sell that separately?

The pump is a standard part of any decent carburetor kit but I doubt any of the kit makers sells it separately. If you need the pump, you'll want the other parts as well. If you buy a new kit, I recommend to get it from Daytona Parts in FL.

Joey, beware of black-tipped needles!

Posted on: 2012/5/18 16:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Thanks joey & O_D!

I will see how she drives with the carb the way it is now. I need to make some more money before I go buying a kit. That way when I do get a kit, I can feel the performance difference. The things left in my budget are oil, gas , and TIRES! That is where my wallet gets hit the hardest, TIRES.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2012/5/18 16:11
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved