Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
264 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 263

HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 257 »

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I see you are using "underhood" black. Is that high gloss? I was under the impression that from 1939 throughout the L-head eights they were gloss. Am I wrong, missing something?

Posted on: 2008/9/20 21:28
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Kev,

It is so amazing to see an air cleaner posted by a member of this forum on a car in a junkyard half way across the country get shipped to another member (in this case the proprietor of the website) who documents the restoration and fitment on another Packard. I don't post that much, but do thoroughly enjoy seeing posts and progress everyone contributes.

While quarterly club publications are great, this is a great way to get a daily fix of Packard. I truly believe that this site is the future of interactive Packard collecting.

Your air cleaner looks great!

Jim

Posted on: 2008/9/21 1:21
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well I was out of gloss black, but I wanted to get it into paint so it didnt rust back up. I hate having to redo rust removal because it flashes back over. I will dust it will a little gloss when I can get some more.

Posted on: 2008/9/21 4:37
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jim,

Thanks for the the kind words. It was very nice for Don to send that to me. So I wanted to make sure the air cleaner was treated right!

When your car is broken, and you dont live near another Packard owner, or a Club chapter, then this Website provides a way to get help from folks all over the world. I think the project blogs, forums and the other features on the website really allow Packard owners all over the country and the world to communicate and share in almost real time.

Hopefully over time more people will discover the website, and contribute to the content and community that are growing here.

Thanks again,

Posted on: 2008/9/21 4:48
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Kev;
I completely understand the need to get it sealed up quickly. I live in swampeast Missouri. Your work looks great. As you say a quick shot of gloss and you have a great finished project.

Posted on: 2008/9/21 11:09
North Hills Packards
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well here are todays updates. I found I had another can of Gloss Black in the back of the chemical cabinet. So I was able to get both the Air Cleaner and the Heater box done sprayed in Gloss-Black. Also I wandered over to Wally-World and picked up 3 more cheap-o tires that were the same size and brand as my the other 2 good tires I have. So now I have a matching set of 5. I had those mounted on the rims that I refinshed a few months back, and finally got to see what they all looked like with the full clipper wheel covers on. Later I may get some narrow white-walls or something like that, but for now the blackwalls will do.

Slow...but steady progess!

Attach file:

jpg  (29.17 KB)
1_48d6ea77b5a9e.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (19.95 KB)
1_48d6eac63df08.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (25.87 KB)
1_48d6eadd8cfc5.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (24.14 KB)
1_48d6eb10ea61c.jpg 600X450 px

jpg  (118.71 KB)
1_48d6eb212b59b.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2008/9/21 19:49
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Looking good! You obviously accomplished more than I did this weekend. I really didn't mean to push you into getting the gloss paint on the air cleaner. But, if it helped, I'm glad. Now all I have to do is motivate myself to accomplish more in less time. Again, your work looks great.

Posted on: 2008/9/21 20:02
North Hills Packards
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well the temps were in the low 80's here finally, so I was actually able to spend time in the garage during the day without getting heat-stroke!

Plus all the travel I have been doing makes me try to get as much done as I can on the weekend. So this week it will be Atlanta. It was Windsor, CT last week, and Miami the week before.

Posted on: 2008/9/21 20:17
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Wow Kevin! That air cleaner looks great! Its a far cry from the crusty wonder it was. Do you need anything else off that car? I think its getting ready to go the the big Packard yard in the sky.(crushed).

Posted on: 2008/9/22 10:31
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I can't think of anything else I would need. The '54 Clippers have lots of "One-Year-Only" parts on them that do not cross back to the '53s. Body trim, taillights, all different. Different ignition switch, different bolt pattern on the rims (expect early super clippers), brakes are the same as the 55's.

I have a good Non-Oil Bath "UFO" Style air-cleaner, but when I saw that Oil-Bath one for a 2bl I had to ask. That was an option on the Clippers in '54 and my car came without it. So it was time for a little post-dealer upgrade!

But I do appreciate the offer!

Posted on: 2008/9/22 11:33
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 257 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved