Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 227

Pack120c, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: P.M. alternator
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I looked at the one wire and actually built the first version using a small 35 amp unit. Driving it off the generator is more difficult but the larger issue was size. It made the assy about 17 inches long and I would have needed to do some rearranging of components behind the generator. For that reason I changed to the much shorter PM alternator. Another benefit found was the PM unit could be easily fitted with the Chrysler PS drive coupling.

The extra regulator is a disadvantage but it is small and unobtrusive. I plan on controlling it by a relay or maybe two operated off the 6v system. One contact or relay will simulate the ignition sw to turn on the regulator and the other will connect the 12v battery to the AC unit so that turns on and off with the ign sw..

Posted on: 2017/8/29 22:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved