Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
178 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 178

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1955 Packard coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I think the dated PAC website gave way for packardinfo to fill the void! Kudos to BigKev to fill the niche in the market that PAC left, so people can get connected with each other.

Posted on: 2021/6/3 17:52
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't mind the dated look so much because it is functional. One issue then and today is except for the reprints of basic manuals offered for sale in the store it is a bit scarce on factory literature so is not really a thorough information site. That is where Kev filled the void.

The most active forum when I started posting was the AACA website until something happened. As I recall, for some reason a lot of posts were purposely deleted without much if any notice and that upset many so they left. Kev filled the void again.

I think the bigger issue with the PAC site back when Kev started this site was the webmaster. He absolutely did not tolerate anything not stock Packard and even the mention of a mod or adapting a modern part in a post would result in the post being deleted with no notice or reason given. That too upset some folks who chose not to post there.

Posted on: 2021/6/3 19:37
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:

The most active forum when I started posting was the AACA website until something happened. As I recall, for some reason a lot of posts were purposely deleted without much if any notice and that upset many so they left. Kev filled the void again.

I had the same problem at the AACA, I liked the crowd but 1 moderator was like you said deleting things, and I took the liberty to address it off forum and after that conversation I decided to never come back.

Posted on: 2021/6/4 19:44
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved