Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 201

Aiden, CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Notable clunk from under the car on my '29 when letting off the gas or reversing from a stop.
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Numerous folks have bought springs from Eaton-Detroit. They don't list all the springs they can make, they probably have the blueprints. Might make sense to give them a call. For example:

Post - Rear Leaf Springs, Eaton-Detroit

For what it's worth, Kanter lists reproduction leaf springs back to 1930 for $630.

Posted on: 2022/3/30 9:00
 Top  Print   

Re: Notable clunk from under the car on my '29 when letting off the gas or reversing from a stop.
Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Contacted Kanter this morning. Nice younger gent there told me they don't stock any springs for the older cars, they have them made to order by a company (I would suspect Eaton). He took all my info and info on the car, said he would check with them on what it would cost to have a set of springs made and get back with me.

He did say, not unexpectedly, that it wouldn't be cheap though, and asked if I'd tried hunting for a used original set on the web. So... we shall see what develops. Again, thanks to all.

Posted on: 2022/3/30 12:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon...We had a set made by Eaton for our 1949 Deluxe...Delivered on our front porch...about $800 all in. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/3/30 14:51
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved