Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 352 heads/rocker shafts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
IIRC the rocker arms have a part number cast into them????
Do the pee hole rocker arms have a different number on them than those without pee hole.

Same numbers (right and left handed), with and without the oil hole. You're aware of the running changes in the oil holes in the rocker shafts?

Posted on: 2009/6/28 15:10
 Top  Print   

Re: 352 heads/rocker shafts
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Yes, i have the SC's and STB's regarding the hole changes in the SHAFTS. There were about 3 different factory attempts at changing the holes, then changeing them back and so-forth.

A lot of STB and SC's regarding band aids to correct oil consumption. Going back 7 or 8 years ago i nearly had all of those STB's and SC's memmorized regarding oil consumption.

My final analysis is that the V8 oil consumption was due to piston rings and that is all. All of the other attempts were strictly to placate the customer and dealers. It becomes almost obvious in one SC vol 30 #2 Feb 56 regarding rings where they say (paraphrasing): ".. rings... were installed upside down."

Hmmmmm. i wonder what that was supposed to mean?

Posted on: 2009/6/28 21:11
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved