Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
177 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 177

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: intake manifold flat washer 55/56
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
and technically....the trans isn't orginal either, allthough correct date code.

the only thing 56 on it i think is the crank/rods/pistons, everything else is 55.

the trans work was before i realized it wasn't going to matter anyways. if i were to go back...a 56 trans mighta worked its way into my garage, but idk....cause i did get a 55 block on purpose so the numbers on the outside were correct and nobody can see the pistons and such anyways.

i don't think my mind ever really changed, i just evolved with the variables that were handed to me and coped with it as best i could to make the car as close to original as i could knowing the facts that had transpired since the trans rebuild.

still makes me sad though, i really wanted the original block, but i think this will be one nice motor when i'm done, especially after all the internal work i did.

i also plan on dual SS exhaust and no heat valve on the drivers side. that thing seems worthless with my application at this point and just restrictive to the exhaust.

Posted on: 2012/1/25 14:29
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved