Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 227

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Re: A relaxing Day Driving a Packard in Southeastern Arizona
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Those are so cool!!! Keep 'm coming Kevin!
as of time stood still.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 10:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I'm sure we all enjoy your pictures, especially the scenery.
I also like the Texaco station with your car. Keep 'em coming!

Posted on: 2014/5/18 10:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Kevin AZ

Guess who I envy?

Tom

Posted on: 2014/5/18 16:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Currently 98 degrees in Tucson. I'm glad we don't have to shovel heat!

Wanted to share a couple of pictures with the Packard crowd. I had some reservations about taking the Packard out today, but I was asked some a couple of months ago if I would take her over to a retirement community on the other side of town. As this day approached, our local temperatures have done nothing but climb. No it is not like a sauna, it is like an oven blast in one's face each time you go outside. Take a dip in the pool and in less than five minutes you are dry. Roadrunners don't even venture outside to do their heat runs this time of year. I think they are sipping cold Coronas or Tecates somewhere cooler.

My fear was for the evil 'vapor-lock' but what the he-- right? I have AAA and if she hic-cupps, I'll drop a dime or use my cellular telephone. AAA will then tow me back to my home. Anyway, it's only about 20 miles cross town through Tucson traffic and BTW last week, USA Today reported that we Tucsonans have the 15th worst traffic conditions in the nation. Known for decades as the 'Old Pueblo', Tucson is a large urbanized community these days. Heck what could go wrong?

I'm here to report that nothing went wrong. Everything went right! I took my 400 over to the Mountain View Retirement community and was in the company of just four other cars. A 59 Studebaker, a '28 Ford rat rod, a 68 Pontiac GTO and a 75 Jeep. I know, what an odd ball group. The five us owners, parked our rides underneath the large portico at the main entrance (in the shade) and waited. We didn't wait long, soon seniors began showing up and what a grand time was had. What a wonderful experience.

Not one person asked me who made Packard. Nearly every person that came by shared a story with me about some friend or relative they had that previously owned a Packard. Smiles beamed on peoples faces as they touched her and fired away asking me questions. One gal in her nineties approached and said that she had a neighbor in her youth that owned nothing but Packards. She recalled that he once told her that there is nothing prettier in the world than a black colored Packard. She grinned and then said, "but I think your Packard is pretty cute." Then I grinned!

I'm glad I had a part in making people smile today.

Attach file:

jpg  (107.69 KB)
20_539cd1d681bd5.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (110.18 KB)
20_539cd1eac8053.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (131.33 KB)
20_539cd214c124d.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/6/14 17:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Your latest drive and park is REALLY, REALLY NICE!!!

It has been my experience that older people "know" the Packard make and love it when they see one. I'm sure you made the day for some of those folks. Well done!

Craig

Posted on: 2014/6/14 18:03
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
You are Awesome!

Posted on: 2014/6/14 19:54
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
A tip of the hat for a job well done!

Attach file:

jpg  (1.33 KB)
23_539dc3840a18f.jpg 43X74 px

Posted on: 2014/6/15 11:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

d c
See User information
wonderful pictures. I hope to do the same soon. hope everyone has a great fathers day!

Posted on: 2014/6/15 14:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I put 76 miles on the Packard this morning. She drove beautifully along I-10, downtown surface streets and secondary arterial roads. Weather was dry and temperatures were in the 80's, but climbing upwards.

While in downtown Tucson, I met a fellow that restores old motorcycles. We talked for about 20 minutes. The Packard enthralled him. He peppered me with all kinds of questions. His personal belief is for people to 'ride them; don't hide them'. I like that, but I'll modify it just a bit to, 'drive them; don't hide them!'

Also, while parked downtown, I had a couple of guys actually stop mid-street, to ask me what kind of car I had. "Packard", I yelled.......it didn't compute with them, because as you all know the follow question then came, "Who made Packard?". I did my duty. I gave the famed explanation!

The Packard also did something else for the very first time. She made a griffin stop dead in it's tracks! Yep......take a peek .........pictures don't lie!

Enjoy your Packards ladies and gentlemen.

Attach file:

jpg  (179.07 KB)
20_53e7a710dbd8d.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (145.68 KB)
20_53e7a7252a92d.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (131.86 KB)
20_53e7a73654425.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (196.36 KB)
20_53e7a7558c41d.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2014/8/10 12:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stewart Ballard
See User information
That's pretty good as my experience with Griffons is that they are not easily impressed.

Posted on: 2014/8/10 12:46
Stewart Ballard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved