Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 143

BigKev, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 »

Re: Wat's Clipper coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I got a good deal on some Packard goodies, and the drive home included a 90-minute delay because of some highway st000pid. I'll get in a bit of inventorying here in a bit.

Yesterday's load of loot:

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_2597.jpg (445.87 KB)
224836_64cf84b2e3108.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2023/8/6 6:32
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The engines are a 1951 288, and the ulcermatic to go with it, and a 1940 282 and transmission with overdrive. Maybe an R9?

I also got a third member center section. I'll count some gears and see what I can decipher.

Posted on: 2023/8/6 14:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Eyeballing another parts cars. We'll see.

Posted on: 2023/8/11 4:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The guy with the parts car cannot open the hood. The pictures in the ad are bad enough that I can't tell if the locking gizmo is open or missing its ivory-colored handle thingie. So he is supposed to facetime me tomorrow when he can so we can see what lurks under the hood. Complete enough and I'll take it.

Also, finally heard back from the people I have been playing tag with for months about the Packard that is slowly disappearing into their vegetable garden.We have upgraded our communications to texting on the hello-phone.

Last I checked, you just can't go to Advance Auto and buy parts for these things . . . .

Posted on: 2023/8/12 18:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The parts car is right out. Wrong engine. Too far to drive for that mickey mouse. Good thing he deduced the hood for me and sent a clear picture.

Where would we be without the internet???

Posted on: 2023/8/13 19:14
 Top  Print   

Re: Wat's Clipper coven
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The landlady reports that one or two of the Pasture Poodles has/have made some modifications to the fender-mounted vacuum antenna on the '46 Deluxe. All the other antiquated tincans out there have the antenna over the windshield, I think. I guess that I'll remove it and find a plug for the hole in the fender.

I'd get mad at the old alpha horse as he's the likeliest culprit, but he died last month.

Posted on: 2023/8/27 4:34
 Top  Print   

Re: Wat's Clipper coven
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Some cars are runners and some just aren't so much. My '46 is a runner. Oh, she drops her fuel prime when she sits for 10 weeks, but the battery is still up because the lights come on in all of their 6 volt glory as soon as I open the door, so she has no discharge issues. No trickle charge in between. I just don't need to.

I probably need to block that end of the barn. The horses seem to make a few adjustments. They bent the antenna, that we knew. I checked it yesterday before moving it outside and the gas filler door was open. So was the trunk handle. And there were some tail hairs caught in the Packard script on the trunk, which they have also broken. Silly big goofs.

I gave them some apples anyway. The rest of it is just stuff.

Posted on: 2023/9/1 4:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
It's normal for the carburetor bowl to go dry over a period of several weeks, especially in summer. I wish fuel pumps came with a small external lever to allow manual operation to prime the system.

Posted on: 2023/9/1 8:16
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I have an AUX fuel pump back by the tank that I use to prime the fuel system when the car has been sitting.

It's hooked to the switch under the dash that is run off a switched ignition source.

I usually turn the ignition on, hit the switch until I can hear the tone change in the pump when the line is pressurized, and give the accelerator a pump or two and then start it and she fires right, even after sitting all winter.

Once it starts, I turn off the Aux pump, and I never need to use that pump to restart the car as long as the car has been used in the last couple of days.

The mechanical pump has never had an issue pulling fuel through the electric pump. You need to make sure you are using the correct style of electric fuel pump. Rotary pumps, you usually can't pull fuel through. Impulse ones you usually can.

Posted on: 2023/9/1 8:57
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Yeah, one day on the electric pump. It started on the first revolution two days later to put it away.

We're doing a project to develop the land across the street. The county paid us a visit and knocked the wheels off of that, so there was much scrambling, directions issued and promises given, so I didn't get my Packard projects done. Again. I did get the trailer unloaded and the parts put in the safe space with the others. We have a pile of engines. There may be another one coming later this month. Maybe.

Posted on: 2023/9/3 17:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 33 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved