Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 100

Todd W. White, humanpotatohybrid, Flybiker18, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1941 Stabilizer / Roll Control Bar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Thanks, Roger.

In the course of my own attempt at restoration I found dissatisfaction with vendors who just don't think through the problem to a smarter (meaning a better way to match the truly original) solutions, this case being an exception as far as the original solution goes.

I think if Packard had to correct something, like these links or the height of the oil filler tube and cap opening, then it's ok to change over to that. I have the newer tube and cap, but I'm too proud of the restoration of the original 1940 version that I found in a pile of mostly Buick parts for $10 at the Portland swap meet and brought back from dirt using battery charger, washing tub and soda electrolysis, to use it.

Some guys suffer from cruiser creep, which starts by adding a 6v fuel pump, radial tires with skinnier white walls, then 15 in wirewheels, zoot-suit metallic paint jobs, lots of chrome in the engine compartment and finally to something that only retains the feeling of a Packard grille. I'm not criticizing. There are better ways to experience luxury, like a 450 hp Rolls. If my OD fails to engage because my battery or transmission fluid is low, believe, I see their point. There's lots of enthusiasm for pulling the straight 8 and dumping in a Chrysler hemi. Just watch My 'Classic' Car. This sway bar issue is different.

I applaud your efforts to cling to the original while developing a reasonable facsimile of better quality. You have my blessing.

Posted on: 2012/6/20 20:50
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved