Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 208

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Noll Automotive Pasadena
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Someone had posted for information on Noll Auto in Pasadena. I responded that I have a friend that actually worked there. I can't find the original post. But, I talked with Roger this evening and over the next week he is going to get together some notes on the dealership. If some of you have been into Packards for many years you might already know him. As I said he has been with the Nethercutt Collection for over thirty years. And for all of you that have been around for a few years, in his spare time he collects and restores Capeharts, and reproducing pianos. Eat your heat out. Anyway, I will get some Pasadena auto history and post it on this web site soon. You might all be in for a treat. I let him know about this site and what I will be doing. He doesn't have a computer yet, but I think I may have convinced him after about ten years to get one. He is kind of like me, anything newer than about 1960 just isn't as good as the good as the old stuff. Thanks to all that have helped with my 1940 overdrive. Even though I have not had time lately to complete the trouble shoot. Todd.

Posted on: 2008/7/23 23:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Noll Automotive Pasadena
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Todd -

Here's the other thread:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1250&forum=4&post_id=9934#forumpost9934

To find it, I just entered "Noll" in the Search box, and then checked out each of the 7 entries that came up on the Results page.

I also got the same postcard from the same fellow - nice guy and great story behind those postcards.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 8:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Your friend who worked for Nethercutt--did he work in the car area or "cloud 99", the musical instrument part? I might know him. Send him a link to this, my Knabe/Ampico reproducing player on Youtube (along with the pushbutton "proof of purchase" vids)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ArPnwuo1sI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ArPnwuo1sI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"56Packman"="Mr.Pushbutton"

I also have a beautiful Capehart "Panamuse" console "entertainment center" circa 1948!

small world

Posted on: 2008/7/24 9:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
He originally when they first opened in the late sixties gave the tour along with Byron. Then after a few years moved back to the restoration department where he has been since. He does the electrical, including rebuilding gauges, and making the wire looms. Yes they have their own wire loom maker. It is something to see, all the the spools whirling around wrapping the wires. He does not have a computer so cannot go to You Tube. He has a few different restored 400's and one unrestored 500 capehart in his home. I have one 400 and one 500 that I restored in my home. I have a 1927 6'5" Knabe late A in my house. Yours looks to be an art case? Also very hard work he has been a judge many a year at Pebble Beach.

Thanks Todd.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 10:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I knew Gordon there, got the complete tour of the whole car operation back in 1981.

My Knabe is also a late A, about 1927, it is a Louis XV art case.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 12:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
I am sure I met Gordon a few times along the way. I believe he was also in the electrical department, he knew alot about magnetos. I can't tell for sure from the video, but it looks like your keyboard is not moving up and down for the soft passages. Talk to you soon. Todd.

Oh, give me the serial number off your Knabe and Roger will know the date.

Posted on: 2008/7/24 18:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Hartmann
See User information
Next time you talk to Roger, tell him "Peter" says HI...!

By the way, ask Roger if he knew that Charlie Last worked for Noll when he came back from the Navy after the War (that is where Charlie originally got his Packard Twelve training...!)

Posted on: 2008/8/1 19:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved