Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 130

HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Wheel painting question.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
also not on topic, but joeyearl, FWIW I appreciate your observance of Collector Car appreciation day

Posted on: 2012/7/13 21:13
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I'm sure with your background you're not surprised that the scan and software match wasn't that good. Even with a multiangle spectrophotometer available, we still use expert eye for getting OEM approval formulae on any metallic, pearl, etc.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 21:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Quote:

Rich wrote:
also not on topic, but joeyearl, FWIW I appreciate your observance of Collector Car appreciation day

Thank you, Rich. I also respect and concur with your signature.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 21:33
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
Quote:

bkazmer wrote:
I'm sure with your background you're not surprised that the scan and software match wasn't that good. Even with a multiangle spectrophotometer available, we still use expert eye for getting OEM approval formulae on any metallic, pearl, etc.

Yup. That's true.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 21:35
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Here's something I want to run by you guys. My Clipper is painted Lexington Green - a dark green. I recently pulled the hubcaps, and it looks like the wheels were originally painted a light green, maybe "Golden Green" from the 1948 chart - not even close to the body color.

The Clipper shows a relatively late, September 47 delivery date. I think the Customs came with beauty rings, leaving only a very small slice of wheel color showing.
I also understand that for a while, the 21st and 22nd series were coming off the line at the same time.

So, I'm thinking that the factory pulled some '48 wheels for my car. Does this make sense?
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Mark

Posted on: 2012/12/26 15:49
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved