Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

wind wing noise
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
When fixing the de-laminated glass in the Clipper's wing wings, I also had the shop replace the rubber seals. The old windows were pretty noisy, but I think the new ones may be even worse. The seals came from Steele.
Has anybody else had a similar experience?
Thanks, Mark

Posted on: 2012/9/28 16:55
 Top  Print   

Re: wind wing noise
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I have noticed that the 41-50 vent window design has a tendency to be noisy if there is the slightest gap anywhere. Other years are not so fussy. Probably has something to so with the shape of the windshield posts and how the air rolls around that corner. Noise usually seems to come from the front corner of the window. You might be able to build up low areas of the seal by spreading on thin layers of black silicone gasket maker, or by shimming between the seal and body.

Posted on: 2012/9/29 5:04
 Top  Print   

Re: wind wing noise
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks Ross, I will give that a try. In fairness, the shop warned me that the new seals probably would not fit as well as the originals.
Mark

Posted on: 2012/9/29 12:07
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved