Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 240

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Battery Cradle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Following up on the Battery "Cushion" discussion, brother John and I spent most of the evening trying to remove the battery cradle/support (tray). We found and removed four tapping screws that secure the legs of the tray to the frame. Not so easy to do. The assembly is loose, but something is still hanging up at the front outer corner. Also just noted that the parts book calls for SIX screws and I can't imagine that there are two more hiding from us. Anybody been here before?

Also note that Packard conveniently routed a brake line through a cutout hole in the front support leg. ARGG!!! Anybody want to trade for a 120? Just venting....

Thanks,
Mark

Posted on: 2012/12/4 2:11
 Top  Print   

Re: Battery Cradle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
If I recall, there is a screw or two that go into the frame horizontally, reached from under the front fender. They never imagined that anyone would ever take the thing off.

Posted on: 2012/12/4 6:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Battery Cradle
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
As ross indicates. My 1948 2262 has two bolts horizontal at the front battery tray bracket. Head of bolts is on the wheel side of the frame. takes a 1/2" wrench or socket. A sheet metal gravel deflector is also held on by the same 2wo bolts and one toward rear of sheet metal deflector but that one does not secure battery tray.

Posted on: 2012/12/4 7:03
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved