Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 231

Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

pushbutton gear selection
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Christopher
See User information
To Mr Pushbutton
I am building a modified 1953 Studebaker and would like to use a push button gear changer on the turbo 350 gearbox currently in the car . Would the Packard type be adaptable or is there some after market system I could use .

regards chris

Posted on: 2014/3/14 23:25
 Top  Print   

Re: pushbutton gear selection
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A question I've also wondered about. With the conversions from Ultras to GM or Chrysler boxes, the 56 guys with buttons have mostly been left out. Would be nice if those cars had an option.

Mr Pushbutton will have the best answer as to feasibility and what it would take on the Packard unit but in the meantime, there were some modern options I ran across when wondering what could be done. I didn't do a lot of research to see if any are readily available or truly a contender or could even adapt to the Packard cosmetics but maybe someone will.

There is one from PCS that was a relatively recent addition. It was first mentioned in a magazine article Didn't see it on the PCS websitehttp://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/index.php so may not be ready to order yet.

There were a couple of others but the links are now dead. Not sure of their status. Mooneyes had a unit that was used on several hot rods featured in a TV show over here. Wouldn't be surprised if the government found something else to regulate and they are no longer available.

Posted on: 2014/3/15 9:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved