Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 198

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: brake system problem
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
G'day Peter, when you send me those details about your alternator/vacuum conversion, I'd also be very interested in finding out what exactly you did regarding the remote filler. Topping up an unmodified BTV is really a pain in the arse, especially when you're not built like a giant and need a step to get a spanner on the reservoir cap. Cheers, John

Posted on: 2014/6/13 22:42
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Russell James
See User information
Hi, this is the master setup from ABS that I used. There is no need to change the pedal setup as we made a large bush to mount it directly onto the BTV position.

Booster is a remote electric / hydraulic setup also from ABS.

Still to be fully road tested and hoping it works well.

Cheers
Russ

Attach file:

jpg  (105.39 KB)
691_53a9a70ceea84.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2014/6/24 11:28
Russ (the prodigal son)
56 400 (sold 2022)
39 1702 7 pass touring (long term project)
38 1602 7 pass limousine (needs work)

Learnt to drive on a 50 in 1969
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the system. There have been a few Electro-Boost units installed but so far no one has given much feedback info other than it works but seems a bit noisy when the motor kicks in.

When everything works is fine but I am curious what happens if something happens to the power. They claim a reserve of a couple of stops in the accumulator as does BTV claim the same with reserve vacuum when engine quits. At least with the BTV and the 1:1 ratio the ram displacement setup does give some braking -- albeit with clenched sphincter. Does the same apply with the 1:1 ratio and a conventional piston master. The brake places say a power conventional piston master should have minimum of 3:1 ratio and higher is better.

That 1:1 has been my concern with the system as a bolt in for the Packard pedal and spot. I could envision a fuse blowing for whatever reason or something else happening during a drive. Is there any indication something is amiss and you are on reserve or much if any braking possible at all if power goes out and the accumulator is spent?

Posted on: 2014/6/24 12:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved