Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
260 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 258

BigKev, Phat Jonny, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 54 55 56 (57) 58 59 60 ... 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

BryanMoran
See User information
The 56 400 is one I would like to have. From a low rust area, BUT again, you have a seller with a long term car, no title, and one photo, very little description (despite Cl allowing 24 photos and unlimited free text and wanting $3500.

If it is complete, with minimal rust, $2500 is the maximum a person should pay for a car that will cost $60,000 to restore right, and have a worth of $20,000 restored.

But these sellers that have these cars, and won't restore them (because they are smart and realize they don't have $40,000 to waste) still seem to want to make a modest profit.

The $750 1951 Patrician is spot on for price. These cars have really no upside for value once restored. This is another one you can spend $60,000 to restore and then it is worth $18,000 max when done.

But they are rarely seen in nice shape and should be fun to show and drive.

Posted on: 2014/9/6 22:11
I restore the car, and the car restores me.
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

vicpick58
See User information

Posted on: 2014/9/7 12:41
Former owner of: 1955 Clipper Constellation
1956 400
1956 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I've been playing Packard ambassador again. This guy thought he had a 46 limo, so I emailed back and forth with him to "educate" him what he has. He gave me permission to put it up here, and he updated his CL listing so I'll put that link up. It looks like a reasonable price as well.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4654642146.html

Posted on: 2014/9/7 14:26
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

WC
See User information
Regarding the hood ornament on the V8 Clippers- the last Packard dealer here told me it was the "modernized" version of the Goddess of Speed and if you look at the bathtub's version (found on Supers) it makes sense. He was told that at the factory preview of the 55's.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 14:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
That is a wonderful looking old limo. Being a 1942 it just has to be a very low production model too. Gives me hopes of finding such a gem closer to my location someday.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 20:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Kevin, for $ 2500-3000 you'll have it delivered home in an enclosed trailer. That's a lot of car for that money!

Posted on: 2014/9/7 20:42

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hmmm.... you do know that body style #1571 is a Touring Sedan and not a Limo?

According to the NADA Guide the Low Retail estimate is $17,200

Definition of Low Retail Value:
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable 'as-is'. This value does not represent a 'parts car'.

Given the unknown nature of the motor not being run in 4 years, the alligatoring of the paint and overall worn condition IMHO you could get it for less than asking price.

It is very restorable condition and the only thing I see lacking is the clear fender light lens and those are now being re-popped in glass.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 21:16
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
1922 Packard

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto/4656423047.html

Roger that 42 is a lot better than this 41 super 8 for about the same price.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4635011136.html

Posted on: 2014/9/7 21:32

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2014/9/8 7:48

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2014/9/9 7:11

Top  Print   

« 1 ... 54 55 56 (57) 58 59 60 ... 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved