Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 236

37Blanche, Ross, BigKev, Patrick, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard dealer clock?
Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
I was given a lead by the contractor that was doing some work on our house for a Packard Dealer Clock. The first place I went was to Ebay to see if any were listed and saw one that seems to coin you can ask what ever you want on EBay as it was listed for over $2,000. The other was about $150 and then there were reproductions.
Would the clock pictured be worth $300 the light doesn't work as it looks like there is a burn mark about the 6 o'clock mark.

Attach file:

jpg  (83.48 KB)
3759_5505a0acaa26d.jpg 1280X720 px

Posted on: 2015/3/15 10:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard dealer clock?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Interesting question - the new (reproduction) clocks are extremely close to the originals and very affordable, yet the original with flaking paint, scratches, blown neon or transformer demands a premium? Supply and demand, I guess.

Go figure. Is is worth 300 bucks? Probably.

Posted on: 2015/3/15 10:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bobp
See User information
I would look to see where it was made & try to date the electric motor if you can. A Packard clock from the 50's will look like most clocks of that era from the back. Also the type of electrical cord & plug would would look old.

Posted on: 2015/3/15 19:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
Thanks for the information it seems like its a good value, but it is at the going rate at $300. It is kind of worth what your willing to pay for it but not an amazing deal or find.

Posted on: 2015/3/15 23:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
this is a STEAL at $300

Posted on: 2015/3/16 0:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved