Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 202

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Brake Fade? What Brake Fade?
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Bill,

I like your detailed reply. These are clear instructions giving steps the mechanics might miss. There is a good chance that, when I got the shoes and linings replaced, the shop set them up "like they were before" in the minor adjustments. They probably have correct major adjustments, and correct "self-energizing" primary and secondary setup. BUT, if O D and Craig have much better braking using the Parking/Emergency brake at speed, then something is definitely wrong with my adjustment.

These are great learning experiences.

It 's especially good to share these hints during what is the "off-season" for us northerners.

I stand by my terminology, though. It is still best to consider the Parking Brake a Parking Brake, that you hope to never have to rely on in an emergency.

I'm glad this subject came up, so none of us single MC users ever gets too comfortable, especially with the Bendix power system: the "Treadle-Vac" or as Packard named it "Ease-a-Matic."

To all: Live and Be Well. Or, if you prefer: Live Long & Prosper.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted on: 2015/11/4 10:34
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved